Monday 17 March 2014

The Classic Cut

                                        
If you have followed my blog for a while, you will understand my continual love of all things Zara. Imagine my surprise when I rolled up to Zara Liverpool and this beautifully crafted blazer called my name.
I immediately dashed off my Internacionale jacket and put on the blazer.
When I tell you I felt like I'd just had a fresh weave installed I am not joking (granted I haven't rocked a weave in a while but this blazer took me back). You know that feeling when you just got you hair did and stroll out the place like you're Naomi Campbell *flips weave.
 
Unto today's post....
 

                                        
I can't stress enough how important it is to have a classic well tailored blazer in you wardrobe. It can take an otherwise dull outfit and give it a whole new identity.
The added benefit of this Zara blazer is that I paid just 17% of the original price.
Currently the way my account is set up, I ain't paying full price in Zara. It's always about knowing when to invest and when to wait.
 
Moving on......
 
        
Wearing all black can often be a bit "heavy" or overwhelming. One way to add some life into the outfit is to add a splash of colour.
 The clutch paired with this outfit was a random purchase at H&M and its proven to be very versatile.
With bountiful space for all your essentials and a pair of flats (just in case) there is an added functionality to the clutch.
Clutch bags can often be impractical, excessively small and hard to work with.
Choosing the right cut can save you money in the long run. A simple box clutch in a block colour can be worn both casually and formally, transcending all seasonal trends.
 
                    

        
 
Blazer: Zara, Turtleneck, Trousers & Earrings: H&M, Shoes: River Island

                                                            
 
Another tip would be to learn how to sew. We often spend an unnecessary amount of time online or on the high street looking for items that we already have in our wardrobe.
The black trousers I am wearing in this post were originally a straight leg, relaxed fit. I personally prefer a skinny or cigarette fit so I adapted the trousers.
The danger, if you're blessed with shortness like me, is that a loose fit may make you look boxy or even shorter IF you don't choose the right fit.

                                                       
 
These are just a few simple tips that may save you time and money in the long run.
 
  
 
Before I go, I just want to give props to my new photographer Mr S.
Below are some of his amazing edited pictures side by side with the originals.
 
Until Next Time
XOXO
                           
                         
                                        
                          

                          






No comments:

Post a Comment