Saturday 7 February 2015

UNTITLED

Composition by Seyi Odeyemi of Essod Photography


You are the sun on a noon day sky
A city upon a thousand hills.
 
You are the reason the birds sing so sweetly in the morning
Inspired by the beauty which resides in your high places.
 
You are the reason I rise when life weighs me down
when the winds of change blow violently without regard, without compassion.
 
You are the lamp that lights my path, illuminating the harsh and crooked places.
You are the crown upon my head, the oil that anoints my head,
my very soul.
 
You are the song my heart sings,
Shall I compare thee to a summers day.
 
You so temperate, so bright
You are the joy that cometh in the morning when the weeping of the night fades away.
 
To proclaim my love for you in words is not enough.
My soul speaks of you in tongues that no man can hear, let alone understand.
 
A language so drenched in love, even the most broken hearts are mended by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment